Custom Search

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The ones that were left

There were three pictures that refused to be uploaded when I updated this blog the last time. So I thought I would make a new post out of them.
While initially confused over the identity of this bird (by the length of the beak shown in the book) we have now confirmed that it is a female purple-rumped sunbird. [Thanks to Deponti for getting this bird identified].
This lily and its reflection attracted my attention and I couldn't help marvelling that such a lovely flower needs muck to grow in.
Remember the moorhen from my last post? This is the fellow.

2 comments:

molarbear's posts said...

Well, Karthik id'd that feathered fiend once and for all. and LOVELY pic of the lily. Thanks for showing it to me, too.

deponti-on-LJ

Couch Potato said...

Thanks Deponti. The pleasure in showing you that lily was mine.